A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies We Use
- Site Functionality Cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features such as image slideshows.
- Site Analytics Cookies: these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your online experience.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/.
Service Provider Cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com (Edge).
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block or delete cookies, or disable future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site – and the complete user experience that we would like you to have. You will not be able to use all the features on our website.